This program offers children ages 3-5 (who are already toilet trained) the following:
- A preschool program from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Flexible scheduling: 5 days, 3 days (M/W/F), or 2 days (T/Th) days per week.
- Healthy morning snack.
- Lunch period from 12:00 - 12:30 with lunch brought from home or bought in the cafeteria.
Goals for Three-Year-Olds
- Children will feel safe and happy within the environment and experience successful separation from parents
- Children will learn self-regulation skills
- Children will learn how to play cooperatively, work together, take turns, and establish friendships.
- Children will express their needs to teachers and peers.
- Children will learn conflict resolution skills.
- Children's self-esteem will grow and be nurtured.
- Children will develop empathy toward their peers.
Self Help Skills
- Children will be encouraged to learn good health practices including blowing their nose.
- Children will learn to take their jackets on and off.
- Children will learn to take their shoes on and off.
- Children will be encouraged to dress themselves.
Fine and Gross Motor Skills
- Children will work on the following fine motor skills: proper grasping of scissors and writing instruments, cutting. lacing, pre-writing pincer grasp and overall fine motor strength.
- Children will work on the following gross motor skills: jumping, stretching, tumbling, catching a ball, galloping, pedaling a bike. climbing outside on the equipment and balancing on one foot.
- Children will develop listening skills and be able to follow one and two step directions.
- Children will be able to sit and participate in circle time.
- Children will develop memory and retention skills.
- Children will learn to count to 15 and quantify up to 5.
- Children will learn basic pattern and sequencing skills.
- Children will learn their first and last names and learn to recognize their name in print.
- Children will learn letter recognition of upper case and some lower case letters.
- Children will say the alphabet (rote memory)